Cookies Usage Policy
Applicability of this Policy
This Policy applies to www.cmenu.ro, www.cmenu.io, www.cmenu.hu, www.contactonomy.ro, www.contactonomy.io, www.contactonomy.hu and www.cty.ro sites
Also, for identity, the information in this document applies to other online platforms that are operated by or on behalf of Contactonomy SRL.
Uncoupling cookies we use may affect your user experience on this site and other Contactonomy SRL Sites
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files, consisting of letters and numbers, that will be stored on a user's computer, mobile terminal, or other equipment from which the Internet is accessed.
Cookies are installed by a request issued by a web-server, a browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome).
Cookies are completely "passive" (they do not contain software, viruses, or spyware and cannot access the information on the user's hard drive).
A cookie consists of two parts: the name and content or the value of the cookie. The lifetime of a cookie is determined; technically, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with that web-server.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information in order to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify internet users.
There are 2 large categories of cookies:
- Session cookies: are temporarily stored in the web browser's cookie folder for it to store until the user exits the web site or closes the browser window;
- Persistent cookies: are stored on the hard drive of a computer or equipment and are activated again when you visit the site that created that specific cookie. Persistent cookies also include those placed by a website other than the one the user is visiting at the time. These are known as "third party cookies" or cookies placed by third parties. They store a user's interests to deliver advertising as relevant to them as possible.
What is the lifetime of a cookie?
The lifetime of a cookie may vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. Some cookies are intended for a single use (as is the case with session cookies), therefore they are not maintained once the user leaves the site. Other cookies are maintained and reused each time the user returns to the site (persistent cookies). However, cookies can be deleted by the user at any time by using browser settings.
What are third-party cookies?
Some content sections of some sites may be provided through third-party cookies, such as an ad. Such cookies can be placed on the site and are referred to as cookies placed by third parties as they are not placed by the site owner. Such third parties are also required to comply with applicable legal regulations and the privacy policies of the owner of that site.
Why are cookies important for the internet?
Cookies are the focus of the efficient functioning of the Internet, helping to generate a user-friendly browsing experience tailored to each user's preferences and interests. Refusing or disabling cookies may make some sites unusable. Refusing or disabling cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising – only that it will no longer be able to take into account your preferences and interests, highlighted by your browsing behavior. Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require user authentication through an account):
- Content and services tailored to the user's preferences – categories of products and services;
- Offers tailored to users' interests – retention of passwords;
- Retaining child protection filters for Content on the Internet (family mode options, safe search functions);
- Limiting the frequency of ad serving – limiting the number of impressions of an ad for a specific user on a site;
- Providing more relevant advertising to the user;
- Measurement, optimization and features of Analytics – such as confirmation of a certain level of traffic on a website, what type of content is viewed and how a user gets to a website (example: through search engines, directly, from other websites, etc.). Websites conduct these analyses of their use to improve websites for the benefit of users.
What types of cookies do we use?
The following types of cookies can be placed by accessing this site:
- Site performance: they retain user preferences on this site;
- Visitor analysis: they tell us if you have visited this site before; The browser will tell us if you have this cookie, and if not, we will generate one;
- for geo targeting: they are used by a software that determines which country you come from, are completely anonymous and are used only for targeting content;
- Registration: they let us know if you are registered or not, show us the account you are registered with and whether you have permission for a particular service;
- for advertising: Based on this we can find out whether or not you have viewed an online ad, what type of ad and how long it has been since you viewed this ad.
Do cookies contain personal data?
Cookies themselves do not require personal information in order to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify internet users. Personal data may be collected using Cookies only to facilitate certain functionality for the user.
How can you change cookie settings in your browser? (Delete Cookies)
Most browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings are usually found in your browser's "options" or "preferences" menu.
To understand these settings, the following links can be useful, otherwise you can use the browser's "help" option for more details.
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
For third-party cookie settings, you can also check the website: https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
To learn more about cookies and what they are used for, we recommend the following links:
If you would like to ask us for any information above, please contact us in writing by accessing the contact form at the http://www.cmenu.ro address or by e-mail at the firstname.lastname@example.org address or at the following physical address: Sfantu Gheorghe, Viitorului Street, Number 13, Block 6, Floor 2, Apartment 44, Covasna County.